Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Jessica Seinfeld's - Chocolate Cake


OK so today I made the Chocolate Cake recipe out of Jessica Seinfeld's "Deceptively Delicious" cookbook. (The cake you see above is a "double recipe"). We are having a Christmas luncheon at work tomorrow so this is what I decided to make based on the rave reviews it got on the Oprah Show. But I am not too sure that I should have tried this recipe for the first time on my coworkers!! I think the cake looks very pretty (especially with the white, snowflake sprinkles on top) BUT the taste just isn't quite there! I swear the frosting is not sweet enough...when I tasted it, it reminded me of when you taste Hershey's "unsweetened" cocoa powder...the kind you use when you bake (which was in the frosting...perhaps too much was used?). Then the texture of the cake was not light and fluffy but a weebit course and dense, more like a cake brownie, kinda. Perhaps it was because of the pureed beets it called for! Hmmmm.
So we'll see tomorrow what kind of reviews I get. At least there will be a different kind of dessert for them to sample. For me I think I'll stick to the boxed cake!

UPDATE:
Ok ---well let's just say that more than 3/4 of the cake was gone by the end of the day! So I would say it was enjoyed! I think if I made it again I would make a different frosting......sweeter.

No comments: