This has been a "sick week" for us over here. Cousin M came down with a fever last Saturday evening of 102.1 after playing all afternoon with E! SO... guess what!? Yep--E started her fever of 102.3 on Sunday night. Though it was short lived as it was gone on Monday and she was left with only the sniffles. Well on Monday night at 3am E wet the bunkbed (the top bunk-which she is loving) though luckily we have a waterproof mattress pad so no harm was done other than Daddy and Mommy fumbling around changing bedding and pj's in the middle of the night! While changing the bedding, M of course woke up and said his throat was hurting so badly - it hurt to swallow. He was a bit congested on Tuesday morning and no fever so they went to school. Well of course I took his temperature Tuesday evening and it was 101.3. So it was his turn! Though his fever has lingered now for three days and he has so much congestion in his head. In one instance we went through 7-8 tissues to blow/cleanup his nose. Poor thing. So he couldn't go to school today, though E did. I made him an appt with the pediatrician this afternoon. Of course he didn't have a fever when the nurse took his temperature! (not that she didn't believe me or anything). Anyways it's a good thing I took him in however. I had debated not taking him since I figured it's "just a cold"....but lo-and-behold he has a bad ear infection and nasty sinus infection. From the looks of his ear and nose, she was shocked that he hasn't said his ear was hurting and that he's been sleeping ok. She even said he looks like he has a sinus infection by looking at his eyes/face. So he is now on an antibiotic. Hopefully it kicks in soon! She said to give it to him till it is gone (about 11-12 days) and if by the time the medicine is gone, if I don't see his nose cleared up we are to go back for a re-check. She doesn't want him to relapse if the antibiotic hasn't cleared it up completely. She said that many times sinus infections need a longer dosage to clear it up. If you don't, it can come back even stronger and be resistant to the meds. Anyways, I will watch him and hopefully he'll be on the mend soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment