Here are two photos of my goofballs in the pool today.....


CRITTER UPDATE:
Well....after seeing a mother and her baby foraging around in the mulch last Thursday morning before work, I decided I HAD HAD ENOUGH!!!! As my stomach turned at the thought of tons of baby rats running around, I went to Home Depot Friday morning and bought D'con rat poison. That night we saw three rats running along the fence and I saw a tail in the palm tree as I looked up. I then saw its eyes looking down out me. Well then I so-graciously put out their oh-so-delicious new blue bait food. We all then sat on the porch and watched the show. After having the bird seed gone for a week, we thought they must be starving. And I think we were right...almost immediately we saw a couple then come find the food and even saw one of the bait blocks fall onto the mulch only to be picked up by a rat!! I shudder even now thinking about it. That night I put out 8 blocks only to find them ALL GONE the next morning as well as watched a fat rat chase a squirrel in the tree and along the fence! So then Saturday night, I put out 12 more bait blocks only to find them ALL GONE the next morning!! Last night I put out 12 more bait blocks only to find 3 of them gone. So either they have taken all of the bait to their nests or perhaps it is working AND WE WILL BE RODENT FREE! I'm going out now to feed them 12 blocks once again....I'll keep ya posted.

No comments:
Post a Comment