Thursday, July 31, 2008

Foot Update

I saw the podiatrist today. He took Xrays and said that my foot looks very, very good and he is very pleased with how the healing is progressing! He can't even tell on the Xray where the bone was cut. I have to wear the boot for two more weeks and then I can try a sneaker or a sandal for as much as I can tolerate. I can ride an exercise bike now if I wanted, in two more weeks an elliptical, and in four weeks, I could do a treadmill. He took the steri-strips off of the incision site and then proceeded to peel the skin and scabs all off of it! eeewwwwww!! Now I am to put the Mederma scar cream on it 3-4 times per day and I am to continue to do the Range of Motion exercises. He gave me a joint pain relief cream to rub on it when I do those exercises. So far so good!

And for those of you who are not squimish and want a peek at the scar, click here!

Foot Scar Photo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No way am I looking at those! Just glad that the healing process is going fine.

Now we need to figure out who tig tog is?

Anonymous said...

Eeeewwww.....at least you painted your toenails