Monday, August 18, 2008

FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN!

UPDATE:

So I sat through the horrendous car-rider line today when I went to pick up the kiddies from school. Took me 25 minutes to get them! Eeks....the teachers say it will get better after the first week. Upon pulling up to get them, I see them and M is sobbing. Of course my heart fell. Not what I want to see when picking them up on their first day at the big kid school!!! The guidance counselor walked them to the car and said he had just started crying before I got there. She thought it was from the thunder and lightning. Emily informed me that it wasn't the reason because he had started crying before that happened. He couldn't tell me because he was so upset. Oh my heart. I just wanted to squeeze him but they were shooing me out and to get moving. And he said he never wants to go back to kindergarten. Oh no!
A couple hours later he finally remembered why he was crying and could tell me about it. He was terrified of a big spider he had seen and thought he saw it jump onto E's lunchbox!!! Oh my! That was it! Oh thank goodness! Mark and I talked to him and explained he needed to tell someone about the spider so it couldn't hurt anyone, but I think in that instance the terror took over any rationality. Poor thing. At least now he isn't boycotting kindergarten.
And from what E&M have said, they like their teacher and had a good day. E was happy that another little girl was seated at her table. They got to go to Specials today which was music. And they met the art teacher, PE teacher, and librarian. They still don't understand what PE is however. And E is a bit concerned because the PE teacher told them they would play tennis, but she doesn't know how! I said, that's what school is for!
They had playground time after music class. Emily said she went up to a little girl and asked if she could play tag with them. The little girl told her "no" because they already had 3 people playing (M being one of them). E then told me that she didn't know with whom or what to play. fret, fret, fret. My heart sank! Oh the woes of things to come in the future with peers. Perhaps I should home school them NOT! We told her that of course she could play tag...there is no rule on how many can or can't play with tag. M said next time he would make sure she could play. Ahhhhhh.
As for the second day of kindergarten....looks like that is gonna have to wait till Wednesday or Thursday due to tropical storm Fay. Boo hoo!

Kindergarten here we come!!!E&M bounced out of bed this morning to get ready for their new school. Clothes on, shoes tied, hair combed, breakfast eaten, and they were ready! Here they are with name tags and backpacks ready to go. I took Matthew to his seat first and he began to get a bit clingy. He gave me this look as if, "don't go" but I hugged him tight and told him he'd have a great day and make lots of new friends!

I then took Emily to her table. She said, "hug" and gave me a big squeeze. I told her she would have a great, great day too. And she said, "bye mommy!" What a big girl and no tears in sight! Let's hope it stays that way! :)

2 comments:

Weeshe410 said...

what about mommy tears??? :)

Kim said...

Ahhhh, the drama of kindergarten !!! Tell Matthew I would've been upset by a big 'ol spider too !! I'm sure Wednesday will be a great day as they settle in to the new routine :) Hang in there mommy !!! :)