Monday, September 1, 2008

Foot Issues ... or I should say Sock Issues


Nope....it's not me this time. Or I should say not my foot! We have been having issues for awhile now with Mr. M. He, more often than not, throws fits when putting his socks on. Many times it is his pinky toe that "doesn't feel right!" In one morning we will go through 4 different pairs of socks, taking them off and on, with and without shoes on, and readjusting finally to the point where I somehow get him off the subject, or just tell him he will have to go to school without shoes and somehow we seem to get out of the house on time. I figured out it is the "knots" on the ends where the seam is on the top of the sock. Well I was at my wits end this weekend and thought that we could not be the only ones to have these sock issues. So I did a search online for "seamless boys socks" and lo and behold, Voila!!! I couldn't believe it when I read that Stride Rite sells seamless socks!!! WHAT!!!??!!! My favorite kid's shoe store of all time and I had no clue they had these?! We bought 6 pairs of white noshow socks and 3 pair of dress socks! WHEW!! He came home, tried them on and is in love! Tomorrow should be a breeze getting ready for school!!! :)

5 comments:

A Life Uncommon said...

That is great! I don't blame M I hate the seam in socks as well.

Weeshe410 said...

I was laughing at your discription of taking the sock off 4 times and putting it back on and adjusting his toes, etc. because when I first read it, I thought Mr. M was referring to Mark! LOL I just kept thinking, man what a weenie boy! Oh too funny.

Anonymous said...

I read this blog last night, and this morning had a parent complaining about her son tendency to take off his shoes and fix his socks over and over again. So I told her about Stride Rite and their seamless socks!

Thanks Sheila!!

Kim said...

This totally cracked me up....LOL. Good 'ol Matthew :) If its not the keys, its the socks !!! You know we have also had sock issues in the past but thankfully Nicky will now wear socks that are the appropriate size (i.e. not 6-mos old size cramming his foot in) AND matching....wahoo !!! Now if I could just get him to wear collared shirts.......

Anonymous said...

we have had this problem with Carson since he was a BABY!! He hates socks! And after a few tantrums, I hate them too! HE wears those socks but inside out. He even complains about the SEAMLESS socks! He claims they too, still have "a line"! Oh my!!!!