Tuesday, November 20, 2007

CPR Class

I had to go to class tonight to update my CPR and First Aid training. I always find this class so interesting but hope and pray I never have to use it! I just have to remember to have someone call 911 first, then remember ABC (Airway, Breathing, Compression). Give two breaths, and 30 compressions over and over till the paramedics arrive. The instructor was a paramedic and was great! He even showed us how to use a defibrillator. Did you know that malls even have them? The one he showed us talks and tells you what to do...it is practically fool-proof. He made a point to tell us that you can't go out and buy one and then while your husband is sleeping, try to shock him with it. It won't let you. The girls at class got a kick out of this. :)

No comments: