Monday, November 19, 2007

Pneumonia!!??

OK -so last Wednesday M began running a fever of 102.2 at bedtime (though you never would have known it by his actions!). So he stayed home from school on Thursday and still had a fever. Then Friday it wasn't as high and he acted fine, though in the night he began coughing alot. I was going to take him to the pediatrician on Saturday but he woke up with no fever. So I thought, ok, he must be on the mend. YAY! But then of course the fever goes up again that night. Sunday is a repeat of Saturday. No fever in the am, fever in the pm. And cough, cough, cough. So I take him into the pediatrician this morning with no fever but a cough and lo and behold she says he has walking pneumonia! Ugh!!!! I should have taken him Saturday!! You'd never know he were ill though. He's running around like a madman, playing "puppy" with his sister. So we are on antibiotics again and are thankful that he should feel better for Thanksgiving!

Update:
Thanks to antibiotics, he was as good as new by Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

A Life Uncommon said...

Sorry to hear that M is sick. But I love that you started a blog!

Michele