Yesterday afternoon we went to register E&M for Kindergarten! They were so excited to go in and see it. It was funny -when I opened the door to go in, it had the "school smell!" I know you probably have no clue what that could be, but if you smelled it, you'd know! Ah the memories of days with no stress. Anyways, we will go back next Wednesday for a tour of the school. Hard to believe they are old enough to go to a public school!!!! (fret, fret). On the first day of Kindergarten, the school has a "Boo Hoo Breakfast" for the moms of kindergarteners for coffee and doughnuts. I may just have to attend!
2 comments:
How did they grow up so fast?!
Heather
Yah, when Caleb started we went to the "boo hoo" breakfast...I've got to tell you, for most of us it was the "WOO HOO!" breakfast!!! It probably wasn't so rough because most all the kids had done the pre-k thing and the parents were already used to the drill at that point. I think it is harder on the kids because they are used to a pretty fun and relaxed atmosphere in preschool and aren't quite prepared for the "sit at your desk and focus" requirements of school. Hopefully E & M will have good teachers that will help them through the transition. Caleb has already had 3 teachers this year! The first one was just short of a drill sergeant...not at all good for K...the second was GREAT but she was too relaxed, almost like it was pre-k and his current teacher seems to be a good mix of both.
Will they be in the same class or do you know at this point?
Post a Comment