Saturday, May 3, 2008

Yard Work Galore ...and an aching back...

Can you say ALL day long! Yes I have been out in the yard since 11am and just came in at 4 pm. Keeping up with the yard can be a bit cumbersome but in the end it is worth it as it looks beautiful (in my opinion). Mark and I spent most of the afternoon trimming about 50 dead palm fronds off the palm tree in the front. Good thing we have a pole saw and a 20 foot ladder. The tree is so tall now that this may have been the last year we can cut it and will have to hire it out next year. I planted begonias in the front around the mailbox and pulled weeds in the front beds. Lots of bending today and am afraid to have gotten a sunburn. Tomorrow we plan to wax cars. Not fun! OK--I hear hubbie just return from the store with my Corona and crabs! Toodle loo!

RABBIT UPDATE:
So I thought he was gone since we haven't seen him for two weeks and since we put a big heavy rock in the hole in the corner of the yard..... but oh no - no such luck. This morning I caught a glimpse of him eating the flowers off of my African Irises!! NOT happy! M and I ran outside and chased him away then went to Home Depot to get another big rock to fill the hole we saw him run out of. Though M and I found another hole that he can get through. So we are on a mission to figure out how to get him outta here without calling uncle Rick to come over with one of his "shooters." I'll keep ya posted.

No comments: