Monday, June 16, 2008

Foot Surgery for me

I saw the podiatrist today and by just looking at the xray he could diagnose my condition without even looking at/touching my foot. I have what is called Hallux Rigidus.   Basically it is a form of degenerative arthritis. He said if I don't get it fixed I could basically wear out the joint to the point that there is no cartilage which could then be very painful and take some major surgery to fix. So I am scheduled for surgery on July 2. I'll be out for commission for a bit and will need to keep my foot elevated. I will be on crutches and my foot in a "boot" for awhile. I won't be able to drive for at least 5 days. He even suggested a "roll-a-bout" to get around. Won't that be fun at work!

7 comments:

A Life Uncommon said...

I'm so sorry! FYI - we have a bigger roll-along that we were going to sell in the garage sale if you want it?

Anonymous said...

OH NO!!! that is horrible.. but look at the bright side.. you caught it early!!!! :)

Kim said...

I'm sooooo sorry :( I agree with Meghan......thank God they are catching it early and avoiding a lot of pain down the road. Hey, it'll be good for some extra TLC, right ??!! :)

Weeshe410 said...

So sorry Friend! I think the roll-around looks fun but I think the kids would enjoy it more than anything! Hey, maybe you can get some "Heelies" put on your boot! Good luck my dear!

Anonymous said...

throw some dirt on it and get back in the game!

Anonymous said...

So much for summer sandals :(

Anonymous said...

Sheila I am so sorry! I feel your pain when it comes to the boot and crutches! If your insurance won't cover the boot I have one here you can use :) Take care and get better!