Sunday, June 8, 2008

HELP! Question for you..............

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to get those dang "grease spots" out of clothing? I think they are grease spots.....they are round spots on the fronts of tshirts that won't come out! I have tried Shout, Spray n Wash, Oxyclean and they still don't come out. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use Shot Ultra Gel, with the brush thingy on the top, and it always takes the spots out for me. I am a messy cook! :))

Anonymous said...

And thats Shout too, not Shot lol

Anonymous said...

You need a surfactent that will attach to oils. Rub some dawn dish wasing liquid into the spot and lit it sit for a few hours before washing.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Dishwashing detergent does the trick!

http://members.tripod.com/~Barefoot_Lass/grease.html

Weeshe410 said...

I have tried a couple of things...The OxyClean Laundry spray seems to work really well for me, even if I have washed something and then found the stain after. Something else that I use but it is really hard to find (Got mine at Ace Hardware) is K2r. It is a spray that goes on wet then dries to a powder. After it has dried, just launder as usual. I haven't tried the Dawn trick but it seems like it would work well, too.

Kim said...

My mom used to use Lestoil....comes in a big bottle like Mr. Clean.

Anonymous said...

Why don't you throw the t-shirts away and go to Target or Wal-Mart and buy some new ones? Life is way too short to obsess over grease stains!! :) Besides, all the chemicals in the products mentioned are not good for Mother Earth!