Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Tomatoe Woes


Look at my first batch of beef steak tomatoes!! I decided to pick these three to ripen in the kitchen window since two others had been eaten by bugs! And since my tomato plant came down with what I believe is a fungus called Blight, I thought it best to bring them in. So today I was tickled to see the one in the middle had turned a nice ripe red ... only to pick it up and see it is rotting. You can see some "icky-juices" on the bottom of it if you look real close. *sigh* I don't think I am meant to grow tomatoes.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Nah, don't give up !! You're usually so good at growing things !! Maybe just need another variety not so susceptible to critters ??

Weeshe410 said...

No advice here...I have nothing even resembling a green thumb and don't like tomatoes so I'm pretty much useless on this one!

Anonymous said...

I have "volunteer" tomatoes that came up. They taste better than store bought, and I raise them completely organically. The only pests I have had are stinkbug nymphs. I just pluck those of and squish them. Have you tried watering the plants at the base only? Do you have them in containers?

A Life Uncommon said...

I'm so sorry the one rotted. I'd take the one that is orange off the window seal. It will get ripe now with out the sun.