Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Surgery Day

So I am back home from surgery on my foot. Everything went smoothly according to the doctor. He told Mark he went in, broke the bone, shaved some bone, then put two screws in. Shaving part of the bone shortened my toe which should give me better mobility. Before going into surgery, the anesthesiologist said he was going to give me something to take the edge off before going completely under. I felt it go in my hand, up my arm and then all of a sudden "WAHOO!" ...as if 10 beers later! ...that was some good stuff! Then I was wheeled into the back where I was totally out soon after. I then woke up and it was finished. I now have to keep my foot high in the air with it iced, at least 6in. above my heart ...it's higher than I imagined it would be. Right now it is feeling actually pretty badly...time for more darvocet...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad everything went okay! Hope you feel better soon! :)

A Life Uncommon said...

I'm glad you are good. Sorry your not feeling well.