UPDATE:
This afternoon has been much better....I definitely think the one darvocet with 3 motrin a couple hours later is doing the trick. Definitely has taken the edge off and is bearable pain as long as I don't get up. No nausea anymore than goodness! I am much happier this afternoon.
This morning...
Can you say utter hell!? I swear that is where I have been since yesterday afternoon. The pain in my foot on a scale of 1-10 has been a 9-10. How can I describe the pain? At times it feels as if I am having a burning, shock/zolt of electricity in my foot, or my foot will throb heavily on and off, or it feels like my foot is a huge rock with a large amount of pressure on foot. I have to keep ice on the ankle which is to help keep the swelling in my foot down...but I am damned if I do/damned if I don't with that too. The ice on my ankle causes the blood in the vessels to cool which is being sent to my foot...that causes the burning sensations. When the ice comes off and the blood warms up, the throbbing begins. Holy Hell Batman! Then there is the good ole Darvocet....which has been more of a problem than a help! I started out yesterday afternoon taking only one pill. Then a couple hours later the pain was getting worse and I thought - uh-oh, I should have taken two! So at that point I took another one. Well about 3 hours later, I was still in a lot of pain and by then the first pill had worn off. So I took another dose of two pills. Not smart on my part! Three hours after that dose the vomiting started. Can you say UTTER HELL! The vomiting stopped at about 2am. By this time all pain relief is entirely OUT of my body...my foot pain is now on the scale at a 20! By three am I decided to try some Motrin...I took 3 and was able to keep them down. And I think it helped me to finally drift off at hour and a half intervals. I have now been up since 6am. I ate something and took one Darvocet this morning and it has helped maybe an eensy-weensy bit. I called the nurse awhile ago and he said it was ok to piggy-back the darvocet with the ibuprofen. So hopefully with that I can get a bit of relief. The doctor also said to loosen the ace bandage which may help relieve some of the pain and pressure too. Mark is about to do that, so we shall see. So there's today's update. Hopefully I can get a nap in before the kids get home from camp this afternoon.....
Running with his ABC's
15 years ago

7 comments:
AH! Sheila! That sounds horrible!! You need to call the doctor for a different type of pain med!! Maybe you are going through all this pain yesterday and today so tomorrow you will feel 100% better to have a great fourth! I will be thinking of you today!! FEEL BETTER!
Matt has a similar problem with Daravcet (sp). Might be better off with extra ibuprophen! Hope it eases up for you. At least you can get out of cooking for the 4th!!
Sheila - the doctor will tell you to elevate your foot... dont. After two knee surgeries I will tell you it makes it swell more! Def loosen the ace bandage, that should help w/the throbbing. Extra strength ibprofen are your friend!! Try the tylenol PM to help you sleep too.
Poor Girl! I know when Rick has taken Darvocet in the past he has always complained that it didn't do anything and if he doubled it he felt nauseous. I know he prefers Vicodin when he has to take anything...but he hates taking pain meds all together. They all make me so loopy that I never know which end is up so I try to avoid them also. Ibuprophen should help the pain plus it will help with the swelling. My dr told me after the miscarriage that I could take up to 800mg for pain...might want to ask your dr.
:((
You just have to remember that this is temporary, and that you can get through anything!! Before you know it you will be up and around chasing rabbits out of your flower bed!!
I hope you feel better soon!! Let me know if Jim or I can do anything to help out!
Heather
Poor baby......that sounds terrible !!! :( I hate those pain meds too.....I feel so weird and always get nauseous too. I'm sure tomorrow will be a better day. You deserve a FABULOUS 4th !!
Post a Comment