Tuesday, August 26, 2008

POLL: Are you reading anything?

We finished another chapter book tonight and they are excited to begin another book tomorrow about mummies! So since you know what we have been reading, I thought it might be fun to see what others are reading. Are you currently reading a book? and if so, what are you reading? Is it something you would recommend?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished "Change of Heart" by Jodi Picoult. I recommend ANY book of hers. She is an amazing author. Takes very interesting situations and makes you see both sides of the stories.

Anonymous said...

I can't remember the last book I read. Does reading People.com every night count??? I must admit that I'm addicted.

Weeshe410 said...

I have recently read:

1) Are You There Vodka, It's Me Chelsea by Chelsea Handler (comedian) - A little raunchy in parts, pretty funny but really no literary value...just light reading for a good laugh. Wait for paperback or borrow from the library.

2) The Red Tent by Anita Diamant - FABULOUS book! It is a fictional story of Dinah, daughter of Jacob & Leah from the Book of Genesis. Even though it is fictional, it really follows the events in Genesis but from the female perspective. It is a wonderful book about relationships between mothers and daughters and coming of age. It is a book that I really had trouble putting down. The hardest part was getting through the first couple of chapters, learning all the names and relationships...after that it is really captivating. I have always had trouble reading the Bible but this didn't necessarily feel like I was reading a "religious" book. It actually made me curious enough to read parts of Genesis after I finished! I highly recommend!

3) Currently reading The Three Fates by Nora Roberts. Very early into the book but usually never disappointed by her work.

Anonymous said...

I am reading "Fresh Kills" by Bill LOEHFELM. Bill is one of our friends and this is his first published novel. Woohooo!

Anonymous said...

I am reading "Breaking Dawn" it is a series of these new cult like Harry Potter books about Vampires and Werewolves. You cannot miss them in the book store...they are quick fun reads. I know it sounds weird but i promise they are good.

Anonymous said...

I just started "A Night in Rodanthe" by Nicholas Sparks. I saw the previews for the movie coming out, and decided to read the book instead.

On a side note, I lovelovelovelove Jodi Picoult. "My Sisters Keeper" was an amazing book!