OK, first of all unless you see an awesome special elsewhere, go to Costco (your favorite place !!). We have had amazing flank steak, filets and T-bones from there. Some of the best ever and our neighbors & family agree !! I may be heading back there Sat am to get some :)
Okay, Chef Rick says sirloins or porterhouses are his favorites for grilling. Porterhouse are usually expensive so Costco is a great place to check prices. He marinates ours in a combination of Italian dressing, A-1 and Worchestershire sauce...really YUMMY! (just wing it for your own taste preference) I'm assuming you have a gas grill...Rick cooks ours on a low flame for 40 minutes, flipping every 10 minutes. He said that will give you a medium rare to medium steak depending on the thickness. He always gets really great reviews when he grills steaks. Good luck, you are a better wife than me...if he wanted a steak, I'd just take him out! I am too intimidated by our grill. :)
I have to agree with weeshe410 with the porterhouse steaks. If that is too much for me than I usually go with skirt steaks from Publix. They are slimmer but if you season it well and add some beer into the mix you are set! LOL! In spanish we call it Churrasco. Good Luck!
3 comments:
OK, first of all unless you see an awesome special elsewhere, go to Costco (your favorite place !!). We have had amazing flank steak, filets and T-bones from there. Some of the best ever and our neighbors & family agree !! I may be heading back there Sat am to get some :)
Okay, Chef Rick says sirloins or porterhouses are his favorites for grilling. Porterhouse are usually expensive so Costco is a great place to check prices. He marinates ours in a combination of Italian dressing, A-1 and Worchestershire sauce...really YUMMY! (just wing it for your own taste preference) I'm assuming you have a gas grill...Rick cooks ours on a low flame for 40 minutes, flipping every 10 minutes. He said that will give you a medium rare to medium steak depending on the thickness. He always gets really great reviews when he grills steaks. Good luck, you are a better wife than me...if he wanted a steak, I'd just take him out! I am too intimidated by our grill. :)
I have to agree with weeshe410 with the porterhouse steaks. If that is too much for me than I usually go with skirt steaks from Publix. They are slimmer but if you season it well and add some beer into the mix you are set! LOL! In spanish we call it Churrasco. Good Luck!
Post a Comment