Let's see...I'll start off beginning at last night. ...
So Miss E went to bed last night just fine with the Benadryl and Motrin in her. She had a low grade fever of 99.7 and the chills but seemed OK. I woke up at 1:30am and had to check on her for my own sanity and she was sleeping peacefully and from what I could tell from the tiny night light, she didn't look any more puffy. So I went back to bed only to lay there and have my mind think horrible thoughts soooooo I got back up, went in and woke her to give her the next dose of Benadryl. Then I was able to go back to sleep. She woke up in the morning fine and happy. Her puffiness was about 90% gone I'd say and she was so happy to be going back to school. I picked her up in the afternoon and she looked good. Mid afternoon I went to check the hives on her back which were gone but only to see lots of varying sizes of red spots all on her legs. These were not hives. She also was complaining of her stomach hurting and was still getting "cold." I had left a message with the nurse to find out if her test results had come back in and when she finally called she basically said "no, not yet." I started telling her about these new symptoms and she asked if her tongue was big..."no, but she has some weird triangular indention on her tongue"; did she have a headache...."no". I also told her about how her wrist is now very tender and sore. She finally said, "you are coming back in, how long till you can get here?" So off we went and by the grace of God we waited for 30 minutes to get our doctor and not the nurse practitioner. After another hour of a new round of labs of the same tests she had yesterday (to see if anything changed/worsened), in summary, she thinks she has a virus on top of the allergic reaction. All her tests came back negative for anything "bad." Urine-normal; white blood cell levels dropped from yesterday; mono test-negative; strep culture-negative; platelets-normal; size of spleen and liver-normal; others-normal. The rash on her legs, bright red throat, low grade fever and chills all signal a virus. We will hopefully get the "allergy" blood labs back tomorrow. She can't go to school and if any new symptoms arise, we have to go back. So we are on "symptom-patrol" and Miss E is not happy to be missing out on school!!
Running with his ABC's
15 years ago

1 comment:
Poor baby! Give her a big hug from me.
Post a Comment